Recently, more and more people are encountering scams through Bitcoin machines. To help you better navigate this complicated area, we have prepared the 6th part of our popular CryptoScam series, which is dedicated to this very issue.
In our latest video, we examine in detail how this scam is carried out, what you should watch out for, and what steps you can take to avoid the potential risk.
How is the Bitcoin slot scam done?
Scammers often install illegitimate devices or tamper with legitimate machines to get your money or personal information. In some cases, they may demand payment through a Bitcoin machine for fake services or products.
What to watch out for?
If you are going to use a Bitcoin machine, pay attention to the following signs:
- Unusually high fees.
- Requests for personal information that appear redundant.
- Vending machines located in suspicious or unprotected locations.
How to prevent fraud?
- Always use slots from reputable providers.
- Find out about fees and terms in advance.
- Never send money to unknown persons through Bitcoin machines.